Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Country Girl in the Big City

We have lived in some larger cities, Savannah and near Waco where I worked, but I haven't ever REALLY experience Austin. I'm down here reviewing questions for the Biology EOC and decided to go somewhere for something different for dinner. First, I had to get used to the driving and streets here. That wasn't bad. I knew I wanted to check out Whole Foods because I have heard so much about it from a friend of mine. Not really knowing what to expect I went it. OH MY!!! Talk about sensory OVERLOAD!!! If you have never been there, I highly suggest a trip. There are places to get prepared food (salads, olives, fruit, and many other things I couldn't identify). I wish I had my camera, but then I would be embarrassed because I looked totally stupid. There was a bakery for bread, one for cakes, and several hot food places (BBQ, noodles, general food). I can't even begin to describe it all. So, if you get a chance, GO!!

The fam...how are we? Everyone is good. Maxx, believe it or not, just turned a year old! My how the year has flown.







Win is doing well too. She has moments when she's jealous of Maxx, but most of the time she is good.

William is taking the summer off from school and REALLY helping me out. I'm taking classes this summer working toward my Master Science Teacher and then Masters in Natural Science. So I'm in Nacogdoches from 8-4 Monday - Friday. William has been staying with the kids when he's not working. I tell him Thank you all of the time, so I hope he realizes how much I appreciate his
help. I will finish my classes in two weeks and then I'm home! I'm ready for a break!

Other than being super busy, we are all doing well!
Here are a couple of random pictures of the kids.



1 comment:

Shiann Metheny said...

I miss y'all so much! I just wanna kiss those cheeks!

I know what you mean about going to the big city! I feel more comfortable in OKC now than I did, but it is still overwhelming! There are frequently more people on the road than in our county!