Friday, May 25, 2007

A Tribute to the Principals and Science Teachers at Gilmer High School

As the school year comes to a close, I would like to say a few things to and about the people I have had the honor of working with and for this year.

To Mr. Whitwell, Mrs. Hollis, and Mr. Hamilton...
Thank you for having the confidence in my ability to pass the composite science test when I wasn't sure that I would! Y'all hired me when I needed someone to give me a chance. This year has been great because all three of you have helped me when I needed it. If I was having problems with a student, you were there to back me up. Even when I made a bad choice or two, you still backed me up. Thank you for that! I will really miss you and thank you again for being such great people to work for!

To Donna Sue, Sarah, Rhonda, Melissa, Star, and Art (The best science teachers EVER!!) ...
Words can't express to each of you how much you mean to me! I was so scared when I came here at the first of the year. Scared of what was to come. Scared that I would be right back where I was last year. Now I'm scared again, but scared of how I will do next year with out y'all to back me up. But I know, as we have all talked about several times, that God has taken me to a new place. As Donna Sue always says, there was a reason I came to Gilmer. There were people there for me to meet, have a effect on, and help. Not only were there people there for me to influence, there were people there to influence me. I know now that I CAN teach. I doubted that before this school year. Gilmer High School science teachers helped me to find the real teacher that was deep down inside. It doesn't matter what happens now or where I go, I will leave with the knowledge that I am a real teacher and God knew that the science teachers at Gilmer High School were what I needed this year.

Now, it is time for me to influence people and students in Overton. I will never forget how much each of you have helped me this year! Thank you for being friends, coworkers, and sounding boards. I will really miss each of you!! Love you!!!!

No comments: