Friday, June 22, 2007

At the River with Auntie

This weekend we went to visit my sister and took some time on the Salt Fork of the Red River. It was a beautiful drive up there where we went by all of the cottages of Westview Boys Home. I have taken for granted how close I live to town!! It doesn't seem like much, but to get to the nearest Wal-Mart it is a 35 minute drive. I'm spoiled!
Anyway, back to the river. Winter and Auntie had a great time. I think there was a point when Auntie was done and Winter wasn't. Auntie had to give Win a little smack to keep her from running across the river. It was a bit frightening. Winter had her rubber boots on and at first said it was a creek. She asked if we were going to see Grammy on the other side. I thought that was funny. She thinks that every time we cross a creek we are going to see Grammy. Guess that is because that is what we do to see Grammy! On the way back, Winter was complaining that her diaper was hurting her. Come to find out, it was full of sand!! She was trying to pull it away from her body. No wonder it hurt!! Thanks for the great weekend Sis!! We had a great time with all of y'all! Love you!!!
Here are some more redneck baby pictures for you to enjoy.







This one needs some explanation. Shiann and Winter were running and splashing. They were having so much fun!!

2 comments:

Shiann Metheny said...

I'm pretty sure I look as redneck as the baby in her diapa! We had fun, too, and still are not fully napped!

Love you!

Unknown said...

How fun! Winter seems to really love the water. I'm glad you get to visit your sister and that you gifured out what was wong with Winter's diaper!