Friday, June 22, 2007

The Beautiful Nature that God Created!

Okay, so I'm not in Texas and I'm saying that the land is beautiful. Am I sinning here? Anyway, at the river there were a couple of deer that I just had to share with everyone. In my last post I talked about being far from Wal-Mart, but where most people live, they don't get to see what I saw tonight. While on the way to the river we saw at least six turkeys, a road runner, and a jack rabbit. On the way back we ran across a porcupine! I thought that was cool as I had never seen a live one before. We also saw several more deer. It is amazing what God has done with our world...well his world really.

This first picture was a sunset on the Salt Fork of the Red River.


As we were walking down the river, we saw a doe and her baby. If you look really close behind her, you can see the baby.


This one isn't a great picture, but it is a buck in velvet. Basically, these are the antlers that come back in after they have fallen off in the fall. He was beautiful but moved before I could get a good shot.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cool pictures! We've missed y'all here at home. I'm glad you had a great visit!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the first one! I guess it's all right to say that there are other places besides Texas that are pretty. He did make it all, right? He just liked Texas the best! ;)